An important part of our work as public affairs professionals consists of reaching out to policy-makers, journalists or other stakeholders. This should, however, always be done in strict compliance with the EPACA Code of Conduct.
The Ground Rules
- Identify yourself by name and by company
- Declare the interest represented
- Neither intentionally misrepresent your status nor the nature of your inquiries nor create any false impression in relation thereto
- Neither directly nor indirectly misrepresent links with EU institutions
- Not disseminate false or misleading information knowingly or recklessly and exercise proper care to avoid doing so inadvertently